Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Deuter Speed Lite 22 SL, Alpinegreen Forest
- Electronic Mosquito Killer LED USB Power Lamp KILNEX - Waterproof Camping Lamp
- HELMET BELL SANCTION RED GREY blueE Size M 55-57 cm
- MAGLIA SANTINI PILOT black yellow FLUO Size XXXL
- New''Viva Active 7.5' Pop Up Screen Room with Floor No Assembly Required
- Primal Wear Alaskan Brewing Icy Bay IPA Men' Full Zip SS Sport Cycling Jersey
- Shorts multisport enduro grey yellow size xxl 2010300204 Bergfieber ci
- Suunto MCB Spiegelkompass Marschkompass 360-Grad Kompass Kompaß 708105
- Vango Mirage 200 Lega di Alluminio Tenda Asta Pacchetto Riparazione Campeggio
- GATSBY LEATHER COMPANY 282987 stable Halter with Snap Havanna Brown, Horse
- Jaxon Genesis Pro Nymp Fly 3,05-3,55m AFTM 5 fly fishing rod
- Marttiini Finnland Filiermesser Filetiermesser Messer Anglermesser 901315
- New Shimano Corvalus CVL301 (lefty) Level Wind Casting Reel
- Poles ski mountaineering Freerider SALOMON MTN OUTDOOR Foldable 135 CM
- Sandbox Kids Ski Snowboard Helmet, kids Big League
- Showman Rawhide Covered 5 1 2 wide Western SADDLE STIRRUPS with Leather Lacing
- DONNELLY X'Plor Ush Tire Folding Single Compound 60 Tpi 700 X 35 Bike
- DOOR CANS + 2 CYLINDERS CO2 16gr + TAP CO2 MTB BIKE BDC
- Door Gym Plus Doorway Exercise Bar Strength Fitness Training Tool
- Doorway Pull Up Bar & Bodyweight Resistance Trainer Pull-Up Bars Strength
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with