New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Nordica One Easy 5 Ski Boots - Size 8.5 Mondo 26.5 Used
- Qty. 2 Pairs SIE Super soft New stirrup leathers choose your sizes
- SET OF 3 NICE SHIMANO SPINNING REELS, GT1200,AX200 AND MARK II, PRE-OWNED W@WEE
- Snowbee NEW XS Ultra Low Friction Fly Fishing Floating Fly Line û Free P+P
- U-D-VX HILASON TREELESS WESTERN TRAIL BARREL RACING LEATHER SADDLE MAHOGANY RED
- _(SHIMANO) spinning reel 15 Twin Power SW 5000HG
- 2 X VINTAGE EARLY PENN 155 BEACHMASTERS
- Armada trace 108 with Look dual demo Bindings, 156cm
- 26 Fan 140 Spoke Coaster bike Wheel Chrome rear wheel lowrider cruiser bike
- Bagley Small 3.5” Top Gun Lot of Seven(7) Brand New Fishing Lures Bass Snook Red
- CafePress Made In Zip Hoodie (425130605)
- Race Face Chester Composite Platform Pedal 9 16 Turquoise
- Race Face Chester Composite Platform Pedal 9 16 Purple
- Race Face Chester Composite Platform Pedals 9 16 Red
- Race Face Chester Composite Platform Pedals 9 16 blueeE Pair Flat Pedal MTB
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with