New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- FIRST 1st DOWN Salt Lake City UTAH The Mogul Shop Aspen Co. Ski snowboard Suit
- IRON KEpinkNE PRESSURE STOVE JUMBO 5 LITER TANK COOKING CAMPING OUTDOOR PICNIC
- Mens Quality Leather Sturdy Grips Waterproof Hiking Walking Boots Sz Size 7-12
- OCEAN Tour Polarized Sunglasses Performance Sports Unisex 100% UV Resistant
- Reebok Dmx size 6.5 womens walking trail hiking outdoors shoes
- Spakct Men's Cycling Jersey Long Sleeves-Skeleton X-Large
- VANDER 10pcs LED Flashlight 5000LM Waterproof Adjustable Lamp+Battery+Charger
- Vintage 3 TTT fluted seatpost 27,2 mm, 260g
- GRUNDENS HARVESTOR orange TROUSERS 17 -XX_ LARGE (Commercial Fishing)
- Jointed Claw 148 15-SS Slow Sinking Jointed Lure 05 (0422) Gan Craft
- Mark Todd Unisex Coolex Tapis Refroidisseur 6 '6 marine silver - Cooler Rug
- New Womens Bonfire Ellis Snowboard Pants Medium Julep
- PotteryFigure of Asian Male, sitting, possibly missing fishing rod
- Scientific Anglers, Sonar, Uniform Sink IV, Fly Line, WF6S, Fishing Made in USA
- Skis parabolic used SALOMON BBR 3 1 2-73 3 16in
- Tenkara Sato Fly Fishing Rod Multi-Size Telescopic (10'8 , 11'10 , 12'9 ) Sports
- STRONGLIGHT Cgoldna rz compact 48
- STRONGLIGHT Cgoldna rz SHIMANO 39
- STRONGLIGHT Cgoldna rz SHIMANO 49
- STRONGLIGHT Crank and chainrings set impact 170mm 34x50
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with