Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Race Face Atlas 1 2 Riser MTB Handlebar blueee 31.8mm Bar 785mm Width
- Shimano 105 11 Speed Hub Laced To Mavic Open Pro Rim winter training road wheel
- Stearns 2000009733 Mens Camo Realtree Max-4 Adult Hunting Vest
- Vintage Look PP156 Bicycle Clipless Pedals 9 16 x20 For Retro Road Bike
- Wheel Masters 700C Alloy Rd Disc Double Wall WHL RR 700 622x22.5 DT R500 BK DISC
- Couteau GENDARMERIE Laguiole FORGÉ gravé Prénom + étui
- Alpinestars Cascade Warm Tech Handschuh 2018 black XL
- CARIBEE DEPLOY 1300 (0C) LIGHTWEIGHT CAMO AUSCAM DPCU ARMY CAMPING SLEEPING BAG
- Daytona Helmets Slim Line Skull Cap D.O.T. Approved Half Shell Helmet
- E-Bike 48V 17Ah Accumulator Pedelec Down Tube Surface604 Dynabike Twinburst
- Handschuhe all weather Zyklus xp black Größe M 2019091531 Robbenfelle Radsport
- Lixada Men's Winter Thermal Fleece Cycling Clothing Set Long Sleeve G6G0
- New POC Raceday Climber Cycling Road Bike Jersey size Medium
- Polaris Latitude Pantaloncini black Lime Tutte le Misure
- SHIMANO NASCI 3000HG SPINNING REEL, FRONT DRAG, 4BB + 1RB , 6.2 1, 170 YD 8 LB
- Shimano New 600 EX FC-6207 BB-6207 Kurbelgarnitur Innenlager - 52 42 - NOS
- Shimano NEXUS 3 SPD Shifter Coaster Brake Hub Kit Inter-3 SG-3C41 36 hole 120 sc
- Shimano Nexus SG-8R35 Ring Gear Unit
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with