Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Dlc Cogreen Game Camera Ice 8Mp Mossy Oak Country
- Emergency Zone 2 Person Stealth Tactical Bug Out Bag 72 Hours Emergency Go Bag
- High Carbon Stahl Rostfrei Outdoor Jagd Bushcraft Messer G10 blue 59 HRC Adler
- MagLite ST2D016 2D Cell Flashlight 3 Watt LED Brand New Sealed
- NightSearcher Star Blade - Ultra Slim Rechargeable LED Inspection Light
- Princeton Tec Apex PRO 200 Lumen Outdoor Headlamp, Camping, Caving, etc. orange
- SIDI GENIUS FIT WHT FLO PINK WOMEN'S CYCLING SHOE
- Sunwayman G20C Cree XM-L2 U2 LED Dual-button Super-compact Flashlight Torch
- DAM Camaro Match Posenangeln 3tlg., Modell 2018
- Gash Hao Mens Snow Ski Waterproof Softshell Pants Outdoor Hiking Fleece Lined
- Jetbeam DDR30 Rechageable Digital Display LED Flashlights w Wall Charger
- Masta Fleece Unterlage Teppich [marineblue] [5ft]
- NEW Passport Contoured English Girth with 2 Elastic Ends - 44
- Professional's Choice Fleece Lined Faux Leather Schooling Boots - Sold in Pairs
- Sea Striker SS2C-150 Billfisher Clear Monofilament Line 150 lb Test 650 yd 25884
- Showman Patriotic Metallic Fringe Leather Headstall and Breast Collar Set
- Used Hunting Clothes - Men size XL
- USED ISM Adamo Saddle Noseless Time Trial Triathlon Bike Titanium Rail White
- Used Kestrel EMS 700c Carbon road bicycle fork 183mm 1 threaded steerer
- USED Look Keo Max Team Movistar Edition Clipless Pedals Road TT Triathlon Bike
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with