New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Bliss Predection Predect ARG greenical Extended Knee Pad
- Combo Armytek Dobermann Pro XP-L Hi w D2 Charger & NL183 Battery
- E-Bike 36V 15.6Ah Batteria Pedelec Down Tube Interbike Giant Velocity Idworx
- Giro Aerohead MIPS Bike Helmet Matte Grey Firechrome
- Giubbino Northwave Arctic - black -  (XL)...
- Lezyne Sport Drive Floor Pump Pure Yellow One Size
- New Lazer Men's Tonic Cycling Helmet - Size Medium - Red
- Picnic Table Folding Camping Outdoor Portable Lightweight Aluminum Frame Desks
- shoes SIDI WIRE 2 CARBON MATT black Size 46
- Tacx Exact - Wheel Truing Stand Jig - T3175
- Veste CASTELLI PURO 2 FZ black yellow Fluo XXL
- Frogg Toggs 2713143 Amphib Neoprene S F Wader 2XL Forest Green NEW
- JRC NEW Radar CX 3+1 Carp Fishing Bite Alarm Set - bluee - With Case - 1411118
- Megabass Lure POPMAX ABALONE AB Bath F S from JAPAN
- Shimano COLTSNIPER BB S900-M Spinning Rod New
- Shimano COLTSNIPER BB S906MH 9'6 Medium Heavy jigging casting spinning rod pole
- Shimano Coltsniper S1000H spinning rod F S from Japan
- Shimano COLTSNIPER S1000-H-3 Spinning Rod NEW
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with