New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- NOS NEW shimano ULTEGRA RD-6500 9sp rear derailleur 0119
- Reifen crossmark exo tr 27.5x2.10 60tpi TB90956100 Maxxis Reifen Fahrrad
- Shimano FC-M4000 right hand crank arm, 165 mm
- T.A. Stella intermedia 4 bracci 104 10V 32 black
- Vtg NOS Fishing Lure Lot Hofschneider Red Eye Doctor Spoon Sonar PRIORITY MAIL t
- (2) Rare 26×1.375 NOS Tires 599 ISO Uniroyal Touring Old US Lightweights 35x599
- C-B-16 16 HILASON WESTERN DRAFT HORSE TRAIL PLEASURE RIDING ENDURANCE SADDLE
- Alpinestars Cascade Warm Tech Handschuh 2018 black L
- Campart Travel CH-0652 Camping chair – Padded sling – Mesh fabric - Navy
- EAA Pavona Cork Messenger Carry Purse with Poly Holster
- Evoc Crash Pants Pad 2019
- Headlight Torch Camping Fishing Hunting Headlamp 6 Modes Portable 5 LED Light
- MAGLIA BICI SHIRT MAILLOT CICLISMO EROICA VINTAGE bicicletta da corsa
- NEW Weisshorn King Single Camping Swag Tent Celadon w Air Pillow Aluminium Pole
- Potable Aqua PURE Water Purifier, Portable Electrolytic Drinking Treatment...
- Propper Men's 50N 50C ACU Coat, A-TACS AU Camo, XX-Large Regular
- Propper Men's Army Combat Uniform (ACU) Coat, A-TACS AU Camo, Medium Short
- Propper Men's BDU Coat, Grey, Medium Regular
- Propper Men's I.C.E. Performance Short Sleeve Polo, 4X-Large, Sage Green
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with